Monday, October 13, 2008

October 16 Order

Here is what we will be getting this week
Gala apples
Bananas
Strawberries
Broccoli
Mini carrots
Celery
Cilantro
Grapefruit
Red Grapes
Leeks
Red Leaf Lettuce
Cantaloupes
Yellow Onions
Oranges
Pears
Pineapple
Pumpkin (I think 1 large pumpkin each; the website is confusing, and we'll see what we end up with!)
Banana Squash
Zucchini
Tomatoes

We have had quite a bit of turnover already, so our waiting list is getting small. Please continue to spread the word to friends & neighbors, and have them contact me if they'd like to be on the waiting list. If you have recipes you'd like to share, email them to Angie and she'll post them on the blog. I will give some ideas for the cilantro, squash, and leeks, if those are things you're not accustomed to! Also, feel free to give me feedback about what we get. Obviously, I can't cater to every individual's wants, but I would like to know what you think. I try to order some things frequently that seem like things most people probably buy most of the time (apples, bananas, lettuce, etc). Some things that store longer I won't order as often, assuming you can keep them for a few weeks (onions, potatoes, carrots). If there are things you know you will not use, click "reply to all" to my email, and ask if anyone would be willing to trade. I'm still trying to figure out how much of each item comes in each case I order (the website isn't real clear on that), so my quantities may be odd at times, but over time, I hope to get better at it.
Thanks for all your help--I couldn't do this without you!
Paige

No comments: