Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Raspberry Cream Pie

Just thought I'd pass on this easy recipe. We made it for family night and it was so good and looked very "fancy" even though it was very easy! I know it's not hard to eat up the rasberries but it was worth saving one pint to make this.

Raspberry Cream Pie
1/4 cup rasberry jam
1 prepared pie crust (graham cracker or shortbread)
1/2 pint rasberries, divided
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 can evaporated milk
2 packages lemon instant pudding
grated peel of one lemon
1 8 oz container "Cool Whip"

Spread jam over bottom of crust, sprinkle 3/4 cup rasberries over jam

Beat cream cheese until creamy, gradually add evaporated milk, pudding mixes and lemon peel. beat for 2 minutes on medium until well blended. Gently stir in half of whipped topping. Spoon into crust, top with remaining whipped topping

Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Garnish with remaining rasberries and additional lemon zest if desired just before serving.

NOTES: I didn't have a lemon so I just used a squirt of lemon juice.I also used the whole pint of rasberries.
This was an easy recipe for me because I tend to keep most of these things on hand for food storage. Watch for graham cracker pie crusts to go on sale and buy a few for "dessert emergencies! same with a variety of pudding mixes and buy a few "whipped topping" to stash in the freezer if they go on sale. I also had homemade jam on hand from earlier in the summer. Evaporated milk is one of those storage essentials. I usually have at least 4 oz (1/2 cube) cream cheese in the fridge. Rasberries from the co-op and voila!

Christine

No comments: